Lemon Creme Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
These Lemon Creme Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes are a bright, summery twist on a treat you’ve probably seen before. OK, I know I said I was going to ease into the new recipes, but HELLO, have you seen the fun new flavors of Oreos that are out for the summer?! I had to get my hands on some.
So somebody tell me, why in the world would they ever stop making Jell-O Pudding Pops? I mean, weren’t they like the best summer treat ever?! Don’t tell me that they weren’t flying out of the freezers. I mean pudding… on a stick… Bill Cosby? Come on. And another one – Magic Middles cookies. Chocolate chip cookies filled with creamy chocolate frosting – hello?! Pure genius! I used to eat off the edges, pull them apart, then lick out the frosting.
Well my mom, she used to love a now-discontinued Girl Scout Cookie – Lemon Pastry Cremes. So when Carrie posted a photo of these new Lemon Twist Oreos on Instagram, I knew I had to buy them for my mom. To be honest, they aren’t exactly the same – a little crunchier than Lemon Pastry Cremes – but they are quite tasty. And as soon as I saw them, I thought of making a summery version of those Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes that you have probably seen floating around on Pinterest or something.
I decided to top them with some Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie Filling, because I just love the classic combination of lemon and blueberry. And I was too
lazy busy to make a fresh blueberry compote. But feel free to leave ’em plain, use a different fruit, or even just sprinkle on some fresh berries.
Did I make you all nostalgic and sad? Are you now missing your favorite childhood treat? I’m sorry. Here, have a Lemon Creme Oreo Cheesecake Cupcake…
You’ll feel better.
What is your favorite childhood treat that you can no longer find in the stores?
Lemon Twist Creme Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 12 Lemon Twist Creme Oreos
- 12 oz. 1 1/2 bars cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/4 t salt
- Your favorite fruit pie filling or compote (I used Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie Filling), for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 cups with paper cupcake wrappers. Place one Oreo in the bottom of each cup.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the remaining ingredients, except your topping.
- Divide the cheesecake filling evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool completely and remove from the pan.
- Serve with your desired fruit topping.
Disclaimer: I was not provided with these Oreos, nor compensated for this post. I just thought these were super fun and yummy! All opinions are my own.
Looking for more cheesecake-inspired treats?
A few more recipes with Lemon Twist Oreos: