Lemon Creme Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
These Lemon Creme Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes are a bright, summery twist on a treat you’ve probably seen before. OK, I know I said I was going to ease into the new recipes, but HELLO, have you seen the fun new flavors of Oreos that are out for the summer?! I had to get my hands on some.
So somebody tell me, why in the world would they ever stop making Jell-O Pudding Pops? I mean, weren’t they like the best summer treat ever?! Don’t tell me that they weren’t flying out of the freezers. I mean pudding… on a stick… Bill Cosby? Come on. And another one – Magic Middles cookies. Chocolate chip cookies filled with creamy chocolate frosting – hello?! Pure genius! I used to eat off the edges, pull them apart, then lick out the frosting.
Well my mom, she used to love a now-discontinued Girl Scout Cookie – Lemon Pastry Cremes. So when Carrie posted a photo of these new Lemon Twist Oreos on Instagram, I knew I had to buy them for my mom. To be honest, they aren’t exactly the same – a little crunchier than Lemon Pastry Cremes – but they are quite tasty. And as soon as I saw them, I thought of making a summery version of those Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes that you have probably seen floating around on Pinterest or something.
I decided to top them with some Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie Filling, because I just love the classic combination of lemon and blueberry. And I was too
lazy busy to make a fresh blueberry compote. But feel free to leave ’em plain, use a different fruit, or even just sprinkle on some fresh berries.
Did I make you all nostalgic and sad? Are you now missing your favorite childhood treat? I’m sorry. Here, have a Lemon Creme Oreo Cheesecake Cupcake…
You’ll feel better.
What is your favorite childhood treat that you can no longer find in the stores?
Lemon Twist Creme Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
Light and lemony cheesecake cupcakes with a Lemon Twist Creme Oreo crust.
- 12 Lemon Twist Creme Oreos
- 12 oz. ( 1 1/2 bars) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/4 t salt
- Your favorite fruit, pie filling or compote (I used Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie Filling), for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 cups with paper cupcake wrappers. Place one Oreo in the bottom of each cup.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the remaining ingredients, except your topping.
- Divide the cheesecake filling evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool completely and remove from the pan.
- Serve with your desired fruit topping.
LOVE THIS RECIPE?
Give it a 5 STAR rating and share your photos on Instagram with the hashtag #CKCrecipes!
Disclaimer: I was not provided with these Oreos, nor compensated for this post. I just thought these were super fun and yummy! All opinions are my own.
Looking for more cheesecake-inspired treats?
A few more recipes with Lemon Twist Oreos:
- Oreo Lemon Drops from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Oreo Lemon Twist Pops from Pint Sized Baker
- Lemon Twist Oreo Cookie Bars from Krumble