Posted by Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chipshttps://cupcakesandkalechips.com/gluten-free-chocolate-hazelnut-crumb-cake/
© 2014 Cupcakes & Kale Chips. All rights reserved.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Crumb Cake for #BrunchWeek (#Giveaway)
A bit of crunch, a lot of chocolate and a drippy, chocolaty glaze make this moist, tender Gluten-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Crumb Cake utterly decadent.
For the crumb cake
cup [aflink u="http://www.bobsredmill.com/hazelnut-flour-meal.html"]Bob's Red Mill Hazelnut Flour/Meal[/aflink]
cup oat flour (just place instant or old-fashioned oats in a food processor and pulse until it forms a flour)
Tbsp coconut flour
cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
cup chopped hazelnuts
cup mini semisweet chocolate chips, divided
tsp baking soda
tsp baking powder
tsp vanilla extract
cup milk (I used almond milk)
For the chocolate hazelnut glaze (can double if you would like more glaze)
Tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
For the crumb cake:
- Grease an 8″x8″ baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the hazelnut flour, oat flour, coconut flour, salt, and brown sugar until combined.
- Add the butter and Greek yogurt, and and pulse until well combined.
- Transfer this mixture to a large bowl and set aside.
- For the topping, return ½ c of the flour mixture to the food processor.
- Add the hazelnuts and pulse a couple of times to combine and form loose crumbs. Stir in ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
- To the reserved dry mixture, stir in the baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and milk and stir until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the hazelnut crumb mixture evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean (provided you don't hit a chocolate chip) and it will not jiggle in the middle.
- Cool the cake completely, and drizzle with the chocolate hazelnut glaze (I put it in a sandwich bag and cut off the corner to drizzle over the cake).
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store the cake, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
For the chocolate hazelnut glaze:
- Stir together spread and milk, adding a little at a time util you reach your desired consistency.