This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
As I am easing back into the whole blogging thing, I have a few foodie friends taking an occasional turn in the Cupcakes & Kale Chips kitchen. I can’t thank them enough. Head on over to Pinterest, too, where I will be pinning all of these awesome recipes on my Guest Posts board, plus my Inspiration boards!
Oh, and just a quick reminder about the awesome Summer Splurge $500 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway I am cohosting. Make sure you go enter!!
Take it away, Jaime…
I’m so excited to be here guest posting for Brianne! I absolutely adore her & her blog! And I’m so happy to be able to help her out while she is enjoying spending all her time with her precious new little one!! So let me introduce myself real quick ~ I’m Jaime, the wife and momma behind Mom’s Test Kitchen, my little space in the blog-o-sphere where I share the recipes I make for my family. You won’t find anything too fancy over in my kitchen, just good simple recipes that a mom can make while stepping around a 2 year old & her puppy!
As the mom of a 2 year old, I’m always searching for quick fix dinners or simple lunches that I can eat during nap time. This chicken fits perfectly for quick & easy. Plus its so versatile! Instead of a salad, you could very easily use the chicken to make sandwiches, lettuce wraps, use it in simple pasta or rice dishes, even on top of an Asian inspired pizza! The possibilities are endless!
General Tso Chicken Salad
- 1 & 1/2 pounds chicken cooked & shredded
- 1 package 4.2 ounces Simply Asia General Tso Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- favorite salad ingredients
- Mix stir fry sauce, brown sugar, orange juice, garlic, ginger, and red pepper in medium saucepan until well blended. Bring to a low boil on medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Toss the shredded chicken with the sauce until well coated.
- Using your favorite salad ingredients, build a salad. Top with chicken ~ I used about 1/3 - 1/2 cup of chicken for each bowl of salad.
If you like this recipe, I hope you’ll stop by & check out some of my others! You can also stay up to date on my newest creations by joining any of my social network communities!
Thanks Jaime! Sounds and looks super-yummy!
If you like this salad, here are a few of my favorites:
Plus some awesome salads from my foodie friends:
- Maple Asian Salmon Salad from The New York Melrose Family
- Figs, Prosciutto & Blue Cheese Salad from Food Done Light
- Grilled Balsamic Pineapple & Goat Cheese Salad from Mia’s Domain
Find more on my Salad Inspiration Pinterest board.