Friday Fun! May 4, 2012
HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY TO THE BUG!!!
My little boy is 2 years old today. Party preparation are in full swing, but I am taking a little break while he is napping to bring you some Friday Fun!
I’ll get lots more pictures, but this was then I first walked in this morning and saw my 2 YEAR OLD boy!!
So what are we doing to celebrate?
Well, I made these cupcakes…
… which I will tell you all about soon. We shared those at the mommy group at our church this morning, but I saved a few. Gluten-free, so that I can have a cupcake at his party.
Tonight we decided to stay in for dinner, and then go out for a “special treat” – ICE CREAM!! That may be more of a treat for Mommy, but The Bug loves it too. Tomorrow, when Grandma, Grandpa, and Ham-Ham arrive, we will bring Nana (who is already here) our for Mexican food, The Bug’s favorite, and coincidentally, it is also Cinco de Mayo. Then Sunday is party time. Lots of fun things in store for that. I am sure you will see it in full, vivid detail in some upcoming blog posts.
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for free Chobani!!
If you follow me on Pinterest, you’ll see that I collect some of my favorite recipes of the week on my Friday Fun boards. I’ll give you a few of them here, but some of the things I pinned this week are for The Bug’s party. You’ll see more on those, hopefully next week.
- I am thinking this Stovetop Avocado Mac & Cheese from Two Peas & Their Pod with quinoa pasta. Then it is like Superfoods Mac & Cheese – healthy, right?!
- Love chorizo, love sweet potatoes, love lettuce wraps. These from Pink Parsley is on my “Must Make” list.
- Also on my “Must Make” list are some energy bars using dates. I have seen lots of recipes for these lately, including this one from Knead to Cook – and hers has chocolate!
- This Avocado, Apple, and Cilantro Green Salad from The Nourishing Gourmet sounds like such an interesting combo. Might be a nice twist from my apple and parmesan or blue cheese salad.
- So remember when I bought that vat of Coconut Oil? This sounds like a fabulous way to use from of it – Coconut Oil Tostones from Find Your Balance.
- And for dessert, it’s a toss up between Gluten-Free Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (oooh, or maybe make them with peanut butter) from Lauren Kelly, Nutritionist, these (also gluten-free) Almond Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes from Mia’s Domain, or just digging a spoon into a bowl of Sumptuous Spoonfuls’ Whipped Chocolate Ganache.
What are your plans for the weekend? Cooking up anything good?