Friday Fun! May 18, 2012
Hi there, everyone! A little late on the Friday Fun because today, Friday Fun was sitting out on the patio at my mom’s house with her and my sister, chatting in the sun and the cool breeze. Yesterday, The Bug and I drove down, so it has been a bit hectic, and I did not get this started early like I plan to do every week. This past week we had some Sunday Fun – specifically Mother’s Day Fun taking The Bug out for his first ride on Daddy’s boat, and a little picnic.
Doesn’t he look so happy and peaceful?!
Yeah, well, this was the calm before the storm.
I love my child, but he has been a lunatic this week! He has actually been more like this all week…
Only this is angelic compared to what I was living with. Gotta love the Terrible Twos! But luckily Mommy and Daddy get a little break from crazy boy – he is staying with grandma, grandpa, and Aunt Sam while we go to the Chesapeake Bay Blues Festival and stay at Chez Amis Bed & Breakfast in downtown Annapolis. Anyone have any restaurant recommendations where we can get a nice lunch before we head over so that we aren’t stuck with mediocre festival food? I’ll be sure to give a full review of the festival, the B&B, and any little noshes we may have along the way.
Now on to my fave finds of the week. And since this post would be ten pages long if I listed everything that caught my eye, you can find the rests HERE on my Pinterest board.
If I were to have one day where I ate everything that caught my eye this week, it would look something like this.
- For breakfast, I would quickly throw together a 1 Minute Coffee Cake in a Mug from Chocolate-Covered Katie, which I totally want to make gluten-free.
- A nice, light lunch is in order. Maybe this Spring Thai Chicken Noodle Soup from Everyday Maven.
- For an afternoon snack, you know I have to have some peanut butter, and these No-Bake Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares from How Sweet It Is look like pure peanut butter heaven. Yes, heaven, because marshmallows are like clouds, and these clouds are surrounded by gooey awesomeness.
- As an appetizer, I would like some Healthy Lobster or Shrimp Bisque from The Science of Eating. Shhh, don’t tell The Hubby there is tofu in there! And since we are going all out today, I am going with the lobster option.
- RecipeGirl posted her ten favorite chicken recipes, and honestly, I don’t know which one to pick for my main course. Maybe the Chicken with Cider and Bacon Sauce, because in a fantasy world, why not go with the bacon?
- On the side, I’d love some of this Fresh Corn Saute with Coconut Milk and Sriacha from Oh My Veggies. But my fantasy day would have to be in July or August, because I pretty much only eat Jersey corn.
- I’ll wash it all down with ChinDeep’s Watermelon Green Tea Fresca.
- Then for dessert, a nice Light Chocolate Panna Cotta from Mother Thyme.
- And since I had such a nice, light dessert, as a nighttime snack, I’d like to combine the Peanut Butter Popcorn and Chocolate Popcorn from Chocolate, Chocolate, and More Chocolate.
- Then, when the midnight munchies hit, I’ll be sneaking a slice (or three) of FoodBabbles’ Chocolate Cake with Balsamic Strawberry Whipped Cream Filling. Could you pack anymore wonderful things into the name of one recipe?!
And then I would have to run a marathon to burn off all of those calories!
What are your plans for the weekend? Cooking up anything good?