This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Banana Nut Cookies combines three great flavors into one delicious cookie!
I am so excited welcome Nancy from The Bitter Side of Sweet. You probably know Nancy as my Tasty Sweets Roundup contributor, but she also creates fabulous recipes for her own blog to satisfy her five kids – everything from family meals to healthy snacks and sweet desserts. Be sure to stop by her blog and enter to win the NINJA Supra Kitchen System that she is giving away! Round out dinner by checking out Love Bakes Good Cakes for some Healthy Meals or The NY Melrose Family for some Healthy Snack Ideas in our #EatHealthy15 Series.
Chocolate Banana Nut Cookies
Hi Cupcakes and Kale Chips fans! Normally you are seeing me around here when I am sharing dessert round ups like these 40 Apple Desserts or these 25 Healthy Desserts. I was super excited when I found out Brianne was doing this #EatHealthy15 series and I wanted to definitely add a recipe to the mix.
I wanted to jump on board because I bake. A lot! But it is always good to bake healthy recipes as well. And in our house we are firm believers in everything in moderation. How do I maintain moderation? Well I try to limit myself to baking once a week and not keeping it all for ourselves. The kids are not entirely thrilled that they don’t get to eat everything I make but they were super happy when I made these cookies.
You see these cookies only have 3 tablespoons of butter and 1/4 cup of sugar. You really don’t normally find those quantities in cookies. Normally you have to add a lot more of those ingredients to have an amazing tasting cookie. I was bound and determined that I could keep the butter and sugar down and still have an amazing cookie.
Can I just tell you that these are kid tested and kid approved! The kids LOVED them. These are mom approved too because they have oats and fruit in them with just a touch of cocoa to make a moist well rounded healthy cookie! ENJOY!
Wife to an Italian, mother to a handful of kids, Nancy likes to cook and bake. Let’s see what we can create! Let’s eat!! The Bitter Side of Sweet
Keep up with Nancy on:
Chocolate Banana Nut Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare two cookie sheet pans with silpat or parchment paper.
- In mixer add butter and sugar. Mix till creamy. Add egg, banana and olive oil and mix till creamy.
- In separate bowl combine oat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda and cocoa.
- Add flour mixture to mixing bowl and continue to mix.
- Stir in pecans.
- Using two tablespoons (or cookie scoop) scoop out mixture and drop onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and ENJOY!
- No need to buy oat flour. I took one cup of quick oats and pulsed them in my food processor to make my oat flour!
Want more cookies? Here you go!Blueberry Cookies
And here are some my my favorite and maybe even a wee bit healthier cookies…
- Trail Mix Monster Cookies
- Flourless Browned Butter White Chocolate Cranberry Cashew Oatmeal Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Almond Cookies