Cauliflower Quinoa Vegan White Chili
Combine Meatless Monday and Monday Night Football, because with all of the amazing flavors, you won’t be missing the meat or dairy when your big game tailgate menu includes this hearty and satisfying veggie-packed Cauliflower Quinoa Vegan White Chili.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
Cauliflower Quinoa Vegan White Chili
The week before school started, I was determined. I was going to make a menu plan every Thursday and get my grocery shopping done on Friday. I was going to follow theme nights to help me stretch my culinary imagination – Meatless Monday, Taco Tuesday, Salad Wednesday, Leftovers Thursday, Pizza Friday. I put the plan into action and rocked it…
For two weeks.
Then things got real. Karate started. Religious education classes started. Doctor appointments. Homework. OK OK, so we’d switch to Slow Cooker Wednesday since we don’t get home till six o’clock. Salad night and leftovers night could be combined into one. I won’t make pizza, I’ll order pizza.
The best laid plans, my friends, the best laid plans.
However, even if it isn’t always on Monday night, I am trying to work in more meatless meals. Plant-based diets are good for you, your wallet, and the environment, so mixing in a vegan meal here or a vegetarian meal there are small steps that I can take towards these benefits, even in my family that is accustomed to seeing beef or chicken on the dinner table. This is even more true when we are watching football, since things like burgers and chili are staples.
This is why I am excited by the Silk #MeatlessMondayNight challenge, through which they are challenging everyone to “sideline meat” during Monday Night Football games this season, and find meat- and dairy-free alternatives to their favorite tailgate dishes.
If you are looking for a bowl of hearty comfort food with a little bit of spice, look no further than Cauliflower Quinoa Vegan White Chili. With all the southwestern flavor you’d expect from a classic white chili recipe (usually made with chicken), and packed with delicious ingredients like cauliflower, quinoa, and beans that pack in plenty of satisfying protein and fiber, you aren’t going to miss the meat. The quinoa helps to thicken the chili and in this recipe, even my non-quinoa eaters were fans of how it enhanced the dish.Plus the addition of rich and creamy Silk Cashewmilk provides the velvety smooth texture. A nice squeeze of lime adds the perfect zing to pull it together and make all of the flavors pop (trust me and add an additional squeeze to your bowl right before serving), and some crushed tortilla chips give it just a bit of crunch.
This recipe is going to be in regular rotation for our Meatless Monday menus. The Hubby loved all of the flavors, and the little guys asked for seconds and thirds, then enjoyed it for lunch a couple days later. As with most chili recipes, I think it tasted even better after being in the fridge for a couple of days. So make a big batch over the weekend and just heat it up before you are ready to turn on the TV for this week’s Monday night game.
Are you inspired to reinvent your favorite football foods and take the #MeatlessMondayNight challenge? Visit the Silk Sideline Meat website for tips and recipes, plus your chance to win the Ultimate Game Day Room Makeover! Then check out the store locator to find out where to find products near you to make this white chili recipe and more delicious meat- and dairy-free recipes with Silk.
Meatless Monday Nights are certainly going to be delicious in my house as I Sideline Meat with Silk!
What classic tailgate recipe would you like to give a meatless makeover?
Cauliflower and Quinoa Vegan White Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 to 2 jalapenos depending on how spicy you want it, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 30 oz canned white or Great Northern beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed and drained,
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened Silk Cashewmilk or Almondmilk
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- additional lime, chopped avocado, and crushed tortilla chips for serving
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, red pepper, jalapeno, salt, and pepper, and saute for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Add the cauliflower, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, and chili powder, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beans, quinoa, and vegetable broth, cover and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and cauliflower is tender.
- Stir in Cashewmilk, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Serve in bowls with a hefty squeeze of lime juice, a sprinkle of fresh chopped cilantro, chopped avocado, and crushed tortilla chips on top.
Here are a few more Meatless Monday recipes to enjoy while watching the game…
- Bang Bang Cauliflower Bites
- Maple Walnut Sweet Potato Hummus
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ball
Plus some from my friends…
- Chickpea Buffalo Dip from The Melrose Family
- Oven Baked Onion Rings from Hoosier Homemade
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms from Call Me PMc