This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
How can I get the world’s cheesiest grin out of The Bug? Put all of his favorite foods in his favorite sandwich to make The Bug’s Ultimate Bacon, Corn & Avocado Grilled Cheese!
My kid is the worst. He will be all cute, and then the second I get out a camera, he takes off or jumps around or does whatever it takes to ensure I get the worst possible photos. That is why I have 3987598347 photos of him eating. Other than when I let him watch a movie, mealtime is the only time he sits still. And even then I usually get the goofiest smile. Which, in this case, is perfect…
You see, Rudi’s Gluten-Free is excited to celebrate National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day on Oct. 16, to help support healthy, active kids. Parents will be able to eat school-provided lunch with their children to learn more about the kinds of food their school is providing.
In conjunction with National Take your Parents to Lunch Day, Rudi’s will be honoring kids by hosting a fun back-to-school Say Cheese Photo Contest from Aug. 1 through Sept. 15. Parents will be able to submit photos of their children eating a yummy sandwich with an opportunity to win the grand prize of being featured in a Rudi’s Gluten-Free ad and a $500.00 Whole Foods gift card! In addition, fans can enter for weekly prizes like iPad Minis, Amazon gift cards, and North Face backpacks on Say Cheese Microsite and can download a $1 off coupon for Rudi’s Gluten-Free products.
Besides your chances to win the photo contest and the Rudi’s giveaway on their Say Cheese Microsite, I am giving you a chance to win a North Face Backpack from Rudi’s right here. Just enter the Rafflecopter giveaway at the bottom of this post.
So in order to ensure I got The Bug’s cheesiest grin, I took some of his favorite foods – corn, avocado and cheese – and mixed it all up in his favorite sandwich, a good old grilled cheese, in this case on Rudi’s Gluten Free Bread. Then I added bacon, for good measure.
I also made one on rye for The Hubby…
I think I got the desired reaction!
So which photo should I enter in the contest – the left or the right?
The Bug’s Ultimate Bacon, Corn & Avocado Grilled Cheese
- 2 ears of corn cut from the cob, or about 3/4-1 cup corn
- 1 avocado cut into think slices, and then into about 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese or about 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or about 2 ounces
- 4 ounces bacon about 5-6 slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 8-12 slices of bread depending on how big the slices are and how many sandwiches you want to make, I used rye and Rudi’s Gluten Free
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- In a medium bowl, combine the corn, avocado, bacon, cheeses, and Greek yogurt.
- Divide the mixture evenly between half of the bread slices, and top with another slice of bread.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on each of the bread slices (both sides of the sandwich)
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat (if cooking in two or more batches, divide the olive oil accordingly).
- Cook the sandwiches for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Covering the pan with a lid during cooking will help the inside get all warm and gooey before the bread gets too browned.
If this isn’t your ultimate, then I’ve got more grilled cheese for you…
Strawberry, Bacon & Havarti Grilled Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
And here are a few from my friends…
- Strawberry Brie Grilled Cheese from FoodBabbles
- Grilled Fontina Cheese with Bacon & Arugula from Organized Island
- Egg in a Hole Grilled Cheese from Chocolate, Chocolate & More
Enter to win a North Face Backpack from Rudi’s Gluten Free!!
Contest is open to US citizens only. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified, so please make sure you are doing what you are claiming in the Rafflecopter or all your entries will be voided. Number of entries received determines the odds of winning. One winner will be selected. Any & all social media outlets used in the Rafflecopter are not sponsors of the giveaway nor are responsible for this giveaway in any way. Protected tweets do not count as an entry method for tweeting. Tweets must come from a public account. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. If you are contacted as the winner, you have 48 hours from the time the email is sent to respond to the email and claim your prize. If no response is received, a new winner will be picked without further notice to you.