Posted by Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chipshttps://cupcakesandkalechips.com/broccoli-cheddar-baked-potatoes/
© 2017 Cupcakes & Kale Chips. All rights reserved.
Broccoli Cheddar Baked Potatoes
large Russet potatoes
cups chopped broccoli florets
cup sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt, which is what I used)
cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
Tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Prick the potatoes several times with a for and place on the foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for an hour, or until fully cooked through. Allow to cool slightly.
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer. Place the broccoli in a steamer basket over the simmering water and steam for 3-4 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Slice the top one-third off of each potato and set aside for another use or discard. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the potato from the bottom larger halves, leaving the skin intact, and place into a bowl.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Stir in the sour cream (or Greek yogurt), broccoli, 1 cup cheese, chives, and salt.
- Divide the filling between the potato shells, and grate some additional cheddar cheese onto the top of each potato.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, or until heated through. Serve hot.