Posted by Brianne Izzohttps://cupcakesandkalechips.com/bourbon-pecan-chocolate-popcorn/
© 2013 Cupcakes & Kale Chips. All rights reserved.
Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Popcorn
A fun popcorn snack with the crunch of pecans, a little kick of bourbon, and lots of chocolate!
c popped popcorn (see Note)
c chopped pecans
oz. dark or semisweet melting chocolate discs or wafers, or almond bark
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and pour the pecans over the top. Don't mix or toss because then the pecans will just go to the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the chocolate and bourbon to a bowl or top portion of a double boiler and set over a pot of simmering water on low heat, and gently stir and melt the chocolate. I do not recommend melting the chocolate in the microwave because the liquid may make it more likely to seize and solidify.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and pecans and gently toss until it is evenly and thoroughly coated.
- Spread the popcorn onto a silicone baking mat or wax paper lined baking sheet and allow to cool to room temperature and firm up.
- Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container.