No-Churn Birthday Cake Ice Cream
No-Churn Birthday Cake Ice Cream is super easy and fun for kids of all ages. Enjoy a scoop of this frozen dessert that tastes cake batter with its rich vanilla flavor and tons of rainbow sprinkles. But this recipe is made without a box cake mix, so it is naturally gluten free!
Lately, my kid is having ice cream issues. This is a serious problem.
We have been to our favorite local ice cream place tons of times. They only have soft serve. He knows this. And yet he threw a fit because he couldn’t get a scoop of cookie dough.
They have vanilla and chocolate twist and vanilla and orange twist. He wanted chocolate and orange twist. Naturally.
And then he couldn’t understand why they can’t put a gelati in a cone. Nor why his gelati didn’t come with hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry.
Dude, it’s not a sundae!
Ah, the demands of 6-year-olds. Daddy has told him that if he makes one bit of a fuss next time, he will be limited to vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles from now on. I’m much more strict. I told him he can have Brussels sprouts instead of ice cream.
Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream
You can turn this easy ice cream recipe into a super fun ice cream cake. In fact, that’s where this original recipe came from, and you can see how to make Cake Batter Ice Cream Cake in this short video. But you don’t have to turn it into a cake. Just pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container, let it freeze, then have a scoop or three.
What does cake batter ice cream taste like?
It tastes just like you are licking the bowl after mixing up a Funfetti cake mix. It’s creamy and buttery with rich vanilla flavor. There is a pinch of salt which doesn’t make it salty. It simply enhances the other flavors. And let’s not forget the rainbow sprinkles!
Only this recipe doesn’t actually have cake mix, like many of the birthday cake ice cream recipes you’ll find. So…
What is in birthday cake ice cream made of to make it taste like cake batter?
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Salt (just a pinch)
- Rainbow sprinkles, of course!
Because the vanilla flavor is such a key component of the birthday cake ice cream flavor, I highly recommend a good quality vanilla extract. Vanilla has gotten quite pricey in recent years, and in some recipes, it’s not as critical. But here, you really want the vanilla flavor to shine, so choose something like Neilsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract.
How do you make funfetti no-churn ice cream?
- Combine the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt in a chilled bowl
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk and cooled melted butter into the whipped cream.
- Fold this mixture into the whipped cream.
- Stir in rainbow sprinkles.
- Spread the ice cream evenly in a springform pan lined with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for several hours.
Is the Birthday Cake Batter Ice Cream recipe gluten-free?
This birthday cake ice cream recipe is gluten free since it does not contain cake mix or any other flour ingredients. So it is a great option for those with celiac disease or a gluten intolerance.
Most of the ingredients are naturally gluten free, such as the heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. There are a few vanilla extracts out there that contain colorings or other additives that contain gluten, so be sure to read labels and choose a vanilla extract such as the one I recommend above.
Most rainbow sprinkles are gluten free, but since some colorings can contain gluten, be sure to confirm.
The great thing about no-churn ice cream is that it is also egg-free, making it perfect for those with egg allergies too!
Enjoy a scoop with one of these gluten free birthday cake recipes:
- Gluten Free Yellow Cake with Fudge Frosting
- Gluten Free Strawberries and Cream Cake
- Banana Nutella Chocolate Chip Cake
- Gluten Free Potato Pound Cake
- Gluten Free Rainbow Layer Cake
What are more no-churn ice cream recipes?
- No-Churn Apple Caramel Ice Cream has soft bits of apple and swirls of caramel.
- Caramel Toffee Chip Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream tastes like cheesecake, and it’s filled with mini chips and caramel.
- No-Churn Toffee Nutella Swirl Ice Cream combines so many favorite flavors into one amazing ice cream.
- Toasted Marshmallow Brownie Batter Ice Cream is a rich, chocolaty ice cream with ribbons of gooey marshmallow.
- No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream has only five ingredients and tons of fresh strawberry flavor.
Gluten Free No-Churn Birthday Cake Ice Cream Recipe
You don’t need a box of cake mix or an ice cream maker to enjoy a frozen treat that tastes like cake batter. It’s cool and creamy, buttery and rich, with vanilla flavor and plenty of rainbow sprinkles.
I hope you’ll leave a comment and give it a FIVE STAR rating or share a photo on Pinterest! If you make it, be sure to leave a comment or tag #cupcakesandkalechips on social media.
No-Churn Birthday Cake Ice Cream
For the ice cream cake:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, well chilled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Place a large bowl and beaters or whisk attachment into the freezer to chill for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt in the chilled bowl, and using the whisk attachment of a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Carefully pour the sweetened condensed milk and melted butter into the bowl, then gently fold into the whipped cream. Then quickly and gently fold in the sprinkles.
- Transfer the ice cream into a container you can freeze. Cover tightly and freeze for several hours, or until firm.