Banana Nutella cheesecake parfaits are single-serving desserts that are as pretty as they are delicious. The gluten-free option of this recipe is one of the best gluten-free no bake dessert recipes in my recipe box!
Whether it’s a tailgate or a cocktail party, we all love little bites, so #SundaySupper is here with Tantalizing Trays – appetizers, mini desserts, all kind of nibbles for any gathering. Rich chocolate hazelnut goodness perfectly paired with bits of banana, all lightened up with Greek yogurt and built in portion control, for a miniature no-bake dessert, it doesn’t get much better than Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits.
I think there should be a rule that unless you are just having a few other people over for dinner, or, you know, it’s Thanksgiving, only appetizers should be served at parties. I mean plates and platters of veggies and dip, pita and hummus, cheese and crackers, ooey gooey dips, heck, even pigs in blanket – how can you go wrong? And that’s just the basics. You can also get all fancy shmancy with prosciutto wrapped asparagus or baked Brie, or super creative with, fun sliders, or, you know, cauliflower wings 😉
After walking around filling you plate with these little noshes, chatting, sipping some wine, who really wants to sit down and eat dinner?! And you know when you go to a wedding, the cocktail hour food is pretty much always better than the mediocre mass produced rubbery chicken or well done steak with overcooked veggies that you get for your entree.
Shall we institute a new rule? All appetizers, all the time?
Oh, and of course, dessert. Let’s not forget about dessert. Especially mini desserts. So that you can have one of each…
But just try to stop at one of these Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits! Sink your spoon down through the thick, rich cheesecake layer and scoop up some bits of banana and a little of the “crust” and you have so many flavors and textures going on. The cheesecake is sweet with a little tang, and has the perfect amount of chocolate hazelnut goodness. It’s smooth and creamy, but not soft like a pudding. Then the little bits of banana cut through the richness, and for a little texture, you have the crumbly “crust”. I think it’s a perfect little dessert.
Though I wouldn’t mind combining about three of them and making one big dessert. Just sayin’…
Speaking of that “crust”…
I made one batch with graham cracker crumbs to make it a bit more traditional, but you can also easy make these banana Nutella cheesecake parfaits gluten free.
I used hazelnut flour in another batch, though almond meal would work too.
Also, I was a little pressed for time, and I was at my moms, so didn’t have all of my kitchen gear, so I opted for the storebought canned spray whipped cream stuff, but I would LOVE to make these with homemade whipped cream. Oh my yum!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Have some parties coming up? Check out the rest of today’s #SundaySupper Tantalizing Trays at the bottom of this post for all kinds of inspiration.
What do you prefer – lots of small bites or a big meal?
I hope you love this easy, no-bake recipe for banana Nutella cheesecake parfaits as much as I do.
Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits
Yummy, mini no-bake dessert with rich chocolate hazelnut goodness perfectly paired with bits of banana.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature (I used light cream cheese)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup hazelnut or almond meal/flour (or ground nuts) or graham cracker crumbs (about 1 1/2 graham cracker sheets)
- About one banana for a total of 3/4 cup chopped banana plus twelve thin slices
- Homemade or storebought whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Nutella, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Place about one teaspoon of nut flour/meal or graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of twelve small bowls, glasses, short glasses, or some other container for making the mini parfaits.
- Place about one tablespoon of the chopped banana on top of the crust in each of the bowls/dishes.
- Divide the cheesecake mixture evenly between the twelve parfaits, about two tablespoons in each.
- Top each with whipped cream and a banana slice.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple hours to firm up, or until ready to serve.
Want some more little desserts?
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes with Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Frosting
- Lemon Creme Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Carrot Cake Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Parfaits
And check out all of these sweet & savory Tantalizing Trays…
- Antipasto Skewers by Simply Gourmet
- Bite-Sized Meatballs by MealDiva
- BLT Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- BLT Canapes by Peaceful Cooking
- BLT Crostini with Basil Mayonnaise by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Blueberry Jam and Goat Cheese Crostini by Casa de Crews
- Brie and Tomato Bruschetta by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cajun Deviled Eggs by Peanut Better and Peppers
- Charcuterie Board by Family Foodie
- Cheese-Filled Apple Rounds by eatingininstead
- Coquilles St. Jacques by Nosh My Way
- Crudite Platter with Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Dip by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crunchy Tuna Salad Boats by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Cucumber Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Feta Zucchini Bites by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Thai Soup Shooters by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Heirloom Caprese Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Jalapeño Mac ‘n Cheese Bites by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- The Modern Relish Tray by An Appealing Plan
- Mostarda di Frutta by Rhubarb and Honey
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Magnolia Days
- Ploughman’s Platter for a Party by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Puff Pastry Cheese Sticks by Basic N Delicious
- Rye Party Puffs by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Southwestern Turkey Sliders by The Texan New Yorker
- Spinach and Mushroom Pizza Bites by The Dinner-Mom
- Tomato Basil Soup Shooters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Alice in Wonderland Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Baked Lemon Glazed Mini Donuts by Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Chocolate Oreo Pocky Cupcakes, Cake, and Morello Cherry Buttercream by NinjaBaking
- French Silk Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- German Chocolate Brownie Bites by Wallflour Girl
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits (#glutenfree option) by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Raspberry Fools by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters by The Redhead Baker
- Vegan Caramel Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Bites by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Witchy Chocolate Mousse with Culinary Fairy Dust by Culinary Adventures with Camilla