Posted by Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chipshttps://cupcakesandkalechips.com/banana-caramel-cashew-no-bake-energy-bars/
© 2016 Cupcakes & Kale Chips. All rights reserved.
Banana Caramel Cashew No-Bake Energy Bars
Only five ingredients in this healthy snack that is gluten free, grain free, and can be made vegan.
half very ripe banana
cup pitted dates
cup raw cashews
cup ground flax seed or flax meal
cup white chocolate chips (vegan, if needed), optional
- Line a 7x7 or 8x8 inch square pan with wax or parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a high-powered blender (such as a Blendtec) or food processor, and process until the mixture forms a thick mass. you may need to break up with a spatula once or twice.
- Break up the mixture with a spatula, add white chocolate chips and pulse a few times to distribute the chips, or simply stir in the chips.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan. You can cover the top with more paper and press an equal sized pan to roll the top with a glass to flatten completely.
- Place in refrigerator for a few hour or overnight, until firm (the longer your store them, the more they firm up. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.