Hi everyone! So I am trying something. Friday was a debacle, and the weekend was busy, so I am moving my Friday Fun post to Things That Make You Go MMMMMMonday! A few reasons for this, but I am always rushing to get it done on Friday since I am trying to get all my recipe posts up, submit photos, link up at some parties, and all that fun stuff. But I love sharing all of my favorite finds, so I am going to move this to Monday, and see how it goes for awhile. I just know Fridays will be crazy during the summer. I will share at least one or two recipes on Friday as part of Foodie Friends Friday. If you want to learn more about this or join yourself, go check it out HERE. So what did I do this weekend? Lots of errands, lots of dealing with a cranky kid, and lots of cooking. If you follow me on Facebook, you know that we had a friend for dinner who likes to be a guinea pig, so I experimented with a potato salad recipe, collard greens (since I got them from my CSA), and some gluten-free goodies. And dinner tonight was pretty tasty, too. Let’s just say I have A LOT of food photos to edit from this weekend. So on to my foodie finds of the week. Since I had so many people who liked my “dream food day” that I did for Friday Fun a few weeks ago, I am going to do the same thing again, and try to do it every week. Of course, some weeks that may mean I am having cupcakes for lunch or chicken for dessert, but that’s OK, right? I do sometimes have ice cream for dinner.
- OK, normally I try to start my day off in a healthy, hearty, wholesome way. But sometimes, you just gotta have cake. But at least this Carrot Cake Coffee Cake from Crazy for Crust has veggies and fruit. With the milk and eggs, it is a balanced meal, right?
- Lunch is courtesy of Mia’s Domain. Mia had me at “goat cheese” with these Open-Faced Chicken Apricot Walnut Goat Cheese Sandwiches.
- I need a good afternoon snack to help power me through till dinner. I think these 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars from Practical Stewardship will fit the bill.
- I think a Happy Hour is in order today, and I plan on making The Novice Chef’s Cake Batter Martini.
- Dinner is most definitely some of the Basil Peach Bellini Chicken from Chin Deep, with a side of Roasted Spicy Cauliflower and Goat Cheese Gratin (clearly I am getting my fill of goat cheese today) from Ally’s Kitchen.
- For dessert, I am going to put together a little cookie platter with Polenta and Honey Cookies with Homemade Caramel from Anecdotes & Applecores, No Bake Cookies from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen, and Homemade Italian Bakery Butter Cookies from A Flock in the City.
- And for my midnight snack, I think I’ll sneak a square
or fiveof Easy Dark Chocolate Fudge from Chocolate & Carrots (I also want to congratulate Caroline on the birth of her beautiful son, Liam.