When you are having a crowd for the big game, throw a few basic ingredients in your crockpot, pull out some little rolls and fixings, for and ultimate slider bar. The MVP of your menu will be these super easy Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders (with Avocado Lime Crema).
Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders (with Avocado Lime Crema)
Have I mentioned how much I love the Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken and Black Beans I made a few weeks ago? Did I mention how many bazillions of different ways you could use that chicken? Well guess what I didn’t think of?
Yup, these babies. I feel really terrible that I can’t remember who it was, but someone commented that it would be great on sliders. Oh yay, I had some leftovers that I stashed in the freezer! So guess what I made?
Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders!
But just slapping an old recipe on some buns does not a good food blogger make, so I had to add a little extra something. Enter Avocado Lime Crema. I didn’t do this, but I think some Mango Avocado Salsa would be amazing on these too. But that would just be combining two old recipes and throwing it onto a bun, so that would’t have been right either. Right?
Whatever, I’m rambling. Between a sick day, a busy, busy weekend, the holiday on Monday and a snow day, The Bug has gone to school once since last Thursday, and now has been trapped inside because of the Polar Vortex. So he is in full-on spaz mode. My brain is fried. Luckily this is just the kind of recipe you need when you have no functioning brain cells left. It makes a super fun dinner or a great munchie for the big game!
And make sure you check out some more amazing #AppetizerWeek recipes at the bottom of this post.
Check the Rafflecopter for today’s question and leave a comment to earn your first entry in today’s giveaway.
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken & Black Beans
- Small rolls or slider buns
- Shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- Avocado Lime Crema and/or Mango Avocado Salsa
- One avocado
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- salt & pepper
- Prepare the Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken & Black Beans.
- Depending on the size of your rolls, place about ¼-1/2 cup of the chicken mixture on each roll. Top with cheese and Avocado Lime Crema and/or Mango Avocado Salsa.
- Combine the avocado, Greek yogurt or sour cream, and lime juice in a small food processor or bowl and puree with foor processor or hand blender, or mash and mix together very well with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Here are some more awesome sandwich fillings that you could turn into sliders…
- Healthier Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Apple Cider Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- Slow-Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more amazing recipes:
- Bacon Jalapeño Poppers by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cheesy Melt by Kiss My Smoke
- Turkey Meatballs with Blackberry Sauce by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- BBQ Flavored Popcorn by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Sweet Potato Waffle Fries by Food Done Light
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Almond Crusted Baked Eggplant by Je suis alimentageuse
- Crab Rangoon Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Chicken Tacos by Clarks Condensed
- Cured Ham & Olive Tortilla Pinwheels by From Gate to Plate
- Mustard and Gruyere Batons by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Nuts by My Catholic Kitchen
- Crispy Cheese Twists by Life Off the Clock
- Baked Sriracha Bites by Organized Island
- Mini Pita Pizzas by Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Green Hummus by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Cauliflower-Potato Bites by Cookerati
- Pickled Pepper and Pepperoni Puff Pastry Pizza/Pinwheels by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Sriracha Chicken Pockets by Lemons for Lulu
- Candied Bacon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Baby Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto by Food Lust People Love
- Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Low Carb Monster Fingers by Yours and Mine are Ours