Posted by Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chipshttp://cupcakesandkalechips.com/salted-ripple-chip-no-machine-ice-cream/
© 2017 Cupcakes & Kale Chips. All rights reserved.
Salted Ripple Chip No-Churn Ice Cream
A creamy no churn sweet & salty dulce de leche ice cream with chocolaty ripples and chips.
For the dulce de leche
can sweetened condensed milk
teaspoon coarse sea salt
cup heavy cream
For the fudge ripple
cup cocoa powder
cup corn syrup
cup (about 3 1/4 oz.) mini chocolate chips
For the ice cream
cups heavy cream
About 1 1/4 cups (remainder of 10 oz. bag) mini chocolate chips
For the dulce de leche:
- Pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk in a bowl or top of a double boiler, and place over a pot of simmering water. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 1-1½ hours, or until thick and light caramel colored (or use one of these alternative methods).
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the sea salt and ½ cup heavy cream.
For the fudge ripple:
- Whisk together the water, cocoa powder, and corn syrup in a small pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to use, cooling at least to room temperature (it will be fairly liquidy, not thick).
For the ice cream:
- Pour the 1½ cups heavy cream in a large bowl and, using the whisk attachment of a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold in the cooled dulce de leche, then gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container and top with about half of the fudge ripple mixture. Swirl with a knife or skewer.
- Top with the remaining ice cream mixture and fudge ripple mixture, and swirl with a knife or skewer.
- Cover and freeze for 4-6 ours or overnight.