Pumpkin cheesecake mousse parfaits with layers of fudgy brownies and whipped cream are truly one of the best gluten-free no bake dessert recipes for the fall season.
Miniature desserts make a big impression when you layer leftover brownies with a fluffy pumpkin cheesecake mousse and light whipped cream to make these Mini Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Parfaits.
I’m trying, guys, I really am. I’m just an introvert. A homebody. A loner. Whatever you want to call me. But give me my jammies, socks, television or computer, and a comfy couch, and you can even throw in my boys and husband too, and really, I have no reason to leave my house.
Except adult human interaction is typically something that is encouraged for overall well-being. And my preference for not going anywhere that requires the wearing of shoes hasn’t done much for making friends in the two years since we moved to Maryland.
So I’ve been putting on my (non-elastic waistband) big girl pants and accepting invitations. And even better than that, when the day of the event arrives, even though with every fiber of my being I just want to find a reason to back out, I’ve been picking up the car keys, opening the garage door, and going. Small birthday party for a boy Tyler knows thrown by a super sweet mom whose husband works at the same company as my husband – I’m there. Paint night a few days before my thyroid surgery even though I was dead tired – well, we do have new artwork hanging in the house, though I didn’t join them at the bar after painting. School family picnic four days after thyroid surgery – yep. Bunco night – I was in.
This is a big deal for me, and I am slowly getting to know other women better, which is a good thing. As much as I love my blogger friends (who have proven to me in the past week that yes, internet friends are real friends), and I enjoy chatting on Facebook with friends and family who don’t live nearby, and I’ve loved getting to know others in my Facebook group, I need real-life, in-the-flesh friends. And even if we don’t become besties, it’s still nice to have people to do something with, especially other women since I do spend my life surrounded by boys!
Plus, getting together with others means I can make yummy things like pumpkin cheesecake mousse parfaits and not be tempted to eat them all myself.
And it was these Mini Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Parfaits that accompanied me to Bunco night. I made these awesome flourless brownies ages ago, we proceeded to eat half the pan, and I knew I had to put the other half in the deep freeze before I proceeded to polish off the rest. But they were perfectly good brownies, so what better to do with perfectly good brownies, versus just eating them as-is, then add more deliciousness to them, am I right?
So I whipped up a super simple pumpkin cheesecake mousse, basically combining aspects of the recipes I saw from The Gunny Sack and Snixy Kitchen, smushed those brownies into cute little cups, added the mousse and whipped cream, and got all fancy-like with a little piece of brownie on top. And the ladies loved them! Which means they want to be my friend and I get invited to more Bunco nights and then I can make more treats to share with them without eating them all myself and that means more treats to share with you!
Winning, even if I didn’t win Bunco!
Now I know you’re all thinking, “Only a food blogger or caterer would have those cute little dessert cups and miniature spoons lying around. Am I really going to go out and buy them just to make these pumpkin cheesecake mousse parfaits?”
My answer is yes. Yes, you are. Because you don’t have to invest in two down cute little glasses and spoons and then deal with the nightmare of making sure you get them all back at the end of the party, and on top of al of that, have to wash all the tiny little crevices. Nope, it’s Amazon to the rescue! I got these Mini Dessert Cups for about ten bucks, and the spoons for less than seven dollars.
Because seriously, are you going to let a couple little dessert cups keep you away from these Mini Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Parfaits? And heck, you could always make big parfaits in big cups! It’s no different than eating four of these, not that I know anything about that.
Want to chat with fellow foodies? Join my No-Fuss Food and Fun group on Facebook. Everyday we have fun topics, share recipes and ideas, ask and answer questions, and see all of my new Cupcakes & Kale Chips creations! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
Don’t forget your mini cups and spoons, because you’ll want to serve the pumpkin cheesecake mousse parfaits in them!
Mini Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Parfaits
Mini Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Parfaits Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips Mini desserts make a big impression when you layer leftover brownies, pumpkin mousse, and whipped cream.
For the whipped cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, well-chilled
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the pumpkin cheesecake mousse
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
For the parfaits
- For the whipped cream:
- Place the bowl and whisk attachment for your stand mixer or a large metal or glass bowl and beaters for your hand mixer in the fridge or freezer until they are cold.
- Add the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla to the chilled bowl, and beat on medium-high to high speed until soft peaks form. Do not overbeat.
- Place about a quarter of the whipped cream in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the parfaits, and set the rest aside for preparing the mousse.
- For the pumpkin cheesecake mousse:
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, powdered sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
- From the whipped cream set aside in the large bowl (not the small amount put in the refrigerator), add about a quarter to the pumpkin mixture and gently fold in.
- Then add the remaining whipped cream, and gently fold in until no streaks of white remain.
For the parfaits:
- Cut the brownies into small squares so that you have enough to press into the bottom of your dessert cups or shot glasses, and one small square for the top of each.
- Press brownies into the bottom of dessert cups or shot glasses (you'll probably need about 24-26).
- Using a piping bag or plastic storage bag with the corner cut off, pipe the mousse on top of the brownies.
- Remove the reserved whipped cream from the fridge and top each of the parfaits, using a piping bag if desired.
- Top each with a small brownie square.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Will keep for a few days.
Enjoy these Mini Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Parfaits!
Here are some more of my best bite-sized treats…
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits
- No-Bake Mini Creamsicle Cheesecake Parfaits
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes with Browned Butter Pumpkin Spice Frosting
Plus some from my friends…
- Spiked Chocolate Mousse Parfaits from Beyond Frosting
- White Chocolate Berry Parfaits from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mocha Parfaits from The Kitchen is My Playground
And this collection of 23 Mini Desserts that are Perfect for Parties…