Nutella swirl toffee crunch is the creamiest no churn ice cream, swirled with ribbons of chocolate hazelnut spread and studded with crunchy bits of toffee. And you don’t even need a ice cream maker. You are just five ingredients (and a few hours in the freezer, if you can wait) away from a scoop or three of Nutella Swirl Toffee Crunch No Churn Ice Cream.
Welcome to Ice Cream Week 2014! This year the event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We have teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to bring you ice cream treats all week long. I hope you have as much fun as we did. It’s going to be an epic week of frozen treats!
And the beginning of Ice Cream Week also marks the beginning of my house hunting mission in Maryland. So sorry peeps, not a lot of time for rants and witticisms from me. I had grand intentions of getting all of these posts written, like, last week sometime, but as often happens, life gets in the way. So while I don’t have random musings for you, at least I have ice cream.
And while the road to you-know-where may be paved with good intentions, I think the road to Heaven is paved with Nutella swirl ice cream…
And if you want truly heavenly ice cream, you must have Nutella Swirl Toffee Crunch No Churn Ice Cream.
Sure, it sounds like it might take a lot of work, but I think it takes longer to SAY Nutella Swirl Toffee Crunch No Churn Ice Cream than it takes to MAKE Nutella Swirl Toffee Crunch No Churn Ice Cream. The hardest part will be waiting for it to freeze because once it’s done, you’ll want to devour the entire thing. I’ll be honest, I split the pint of heavy cream and can of sweetened condensed milk to make two smaller batches of ice cream (you’ll see the other ridiculously, insanely awesome flavor later in the week), and it’s a good thing because if I had two full batches of ice cream, they probably would have disappeared just as quickly as the two half batches.
Birthday ice cream seems to have become a new tradition in our family, so I made these for The Hubby’s recent birthday, and he couldn’t pick his favorite. This one is rich and creamy with ribbons of Nutella for a perfect dose of chocolate and hazelnut flavor throughout the vanilla base, then, since I must have texture in my ice cream, pieces of toffee are scattered through for crunchy little bits that add a buttery balance to the sweet lusciousness.
Seriously people, you would be doing yourself an injustice if you don’t make this Nutella swirl no churn ice cream!
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing and Quarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!
Here’s what is up for grabs, One Winner Takes All:
Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Scroll on down to the bottom to enter!
So grab yourself a few scoops of something cold and creamy, make your way to the bottom of this post, and get your entries in!
Have you entered and told us your favorite flavor yet?
You can save this or any of my recipes and those from many of your favorite brands, blogs and website to your own personal recipe box. After creating your account, simply click ‘Save Recipe‘ below. It will then be saved in your personal recipe box which you can access at any time, and even create meal plans and grocery lists.
Here’s the Nutella swirl ice cream recipe.
- One pint heavy cream, well chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- One 14.5 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk (regular or fat free)
- ½ cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- ½ cup toffee bits or chopped chocolate-covered toffee candy bar
- Place a large glass or metal bowl in the refrigerator or freezer for whipping the cream.
- In the chilled bowl, using an electric mixer or whisk, beat the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Gently fold the vanilla extract and sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream.
- Top the cream mixture with small dollops of Nutella and sprinkle over the toffee bits.
- Gently fold in to create swirls of Nutella and toffee bits.
- Pour the mixture into a container that you can freeze and has an airtight lid, cover, and place in the freezer until frozen.
Love Nutella? Love frozen desserts? I can help!
- Bana-Nutella Chip Ice Cream
- Nutella Brownie Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream
- Banilla Nutella Frozen Yogurt Pops
Now that you have the Nutella swirl no churn ice cream recipe…
Stop by to visit all our Day 2 Ice Cream Week Participants:
- S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- White Russian Milkshakes by The Redhead Baker
- Very Chocolate Little Malt Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Kickin’ Peach Milkshake by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream by Love and Confections
- Chocolate Beet Milkshakes by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream by Noshing with the Nolands
- Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Ice Cream by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Vanilla Caramel Swirl Ice Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Apple Pie Ice Cream by Mind Over Batter
- Nutella Swirl Toffee Crunch No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate Ginger Ice Cream Sandwiches by Mother Would Know
Plus don’t forget all of the recipes from Day One of Ice Cream Week!
And if all of these amazing ice cream recipes aren’t enough, now you get to win an amazing prize pack to help you churn up a ton of your own! Remember – ONE WINNER TAKES ALL!
Disclaimer: I did not receive any product for participating in this event. The #IceCreamWeek Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada residents only. ONE winner will receive ALL the prizes listed. Giveaway ends at midnight on August 31st.
UPDATE: The giveaway has ended and the entry form widget has been removed from this post.