Posted by Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chipshttp://cupcakesandkalechips.com/no-churn-funfetti-ice-cream-cake/
© 2016 Cupcakes & Kale Chips. All rights reserved.
Homemade No-Churn Funfetti Ice Cream Cake
Birthday boys and birthday girls around the world will have smiles on their faces when you whip up this super special but super simple dessert.
For the ice cream cake
cups heavy whipping cream, well chilled
teaspoons vanilla extract
one 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
cup rainbow sprinkles
For the frosting
cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
lb (1 cup, 2 sticks) unsalted butter
For the ice cream cake:
- Place a large bowl and beaters or whisk attachment into the freezer for a few minutes to chill.
- Line an 8-inch springform pan with plastic wrap (you can use a 9 inch pan if that's all you have, but cake will not be as tall).
- Combine the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt in the chilled bowl, and using the whisk attachment of a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Carefully pour the sweetened condensed milk and melted butter into the bowl, then gently into the whipped cream. Then quickly and gently fold in the sprinkles.
- Spread the ice cream evenly in the prepared pan and freeze for several hours, until firm.
- While in the freezer, prepare the chocolate frosting.
- Remove cake from the freezer and quickly unmold and place on a serving plate. Frost evenly with the chocolate frosting. Decorate with additional sprinkles, if desired.
- Return to freezer to firm up the frosting, until ready to serve.
For the frosting:
- In a heatproof mixing bowl set over a simmering pot of water, melt the butter ant chocolate chips, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Remove from the heat, cool, and then place the bowl in the refrigerator until solid.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator and allow to come up to room temperature.
- Using a hand mixer, beat on medium until light and fluffy.