Four ingredients is all you need to make this simple, light and healthy frozen treat. When you are craving a summertime dessert that’s sweet and tart, fruity and fresh, then make some Mango Strawberry Lime Popsicles.
Mango Strawberry Lime Popsicles
I’m guest posting today over at Take a Bite Out of Boca. While I’ve known Shaina over the internet for awhile, we just met in person a couple weeks ago in Miami for the BlogHer Food 2014 Conference. She is absolutely adorable and sweet, and when she needed a few foodie friends to fill in for her for a few days, I was happy to help out.
Since I am in Shaina’s hot and sunny Florida kitchen, I had to make her something that would cool you down – Mango Strawberry Lime Popsicles! But, you know, it’s bathing suit season pretty much all year down there, and has already arrived or is coming soon to the rest of the country. This four ingredient treat is nearly all fruit, with just a little honey or agave nectar to sweeten it up just a tad. It’s gluten free, can be made vegan, doesn’t require any cooking – just chop some fruit and fire up the blender. What more could you want in the summer?
Of course this is a perfect treat for the little ones, but I thought it almost tasted like a strawberry margarita. An adult version may have to be in the works!
Want the recipe? Click HERE to see it on Shaina’s site.
Or just get it here, too 😉
- Half of a mango, cut into chunks
- 1 cup strawberries, washed, stems and hulls removed
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar, or to taste
- Place the mango, strawberries, and lime juice in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add honey or agave to desired sweetness.
- Pour the puree into popsicle molds or cups, insert sticks, and freeze until solid, about 6-8 hours.
Here’s some more of my favorite recipes with mango, strawberry, and lime…
Plus a few from my friends…
- Layered Strawberry Mango Smoothie from What’s Cooking Love?
- Strawberry Hand Pies from My Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Coconut Lime Meltaway Cookie Bars from Chocolate Moosey