Rich, chocolaty, fudgy brownies with swirls of sweet caramel and tangy cheesecake, plus the crunch of buttery cashews, for the ultimate pan of decadence, treat everyone you know (and yourself) to these FlourlessCashew Caramel Cheesecake Swirl Brownies.
Flourless Cashew Caramel Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
I always have grand intentions of getting ahead of the game. Then, you know, my kids decide to get sick for two sequential weeks. No no, never simultaneously, which sounds like it would be worse but it would only drop my productivity to about 10% for a couple days. Instead is one right after the other, so I’m working at about 25% for a week and a half. Yeah, not really getting ahead that way.
And now I’m currently traveling (like literally, I am writing this on an airplane), and I had totally planned to have my posts ready to go. But alas, I don’t. Luckily I was sorting through my folders of edited photos and found these all ready to go.
So they may not be seasonal. It may be the time of year when you don’t want to turn on your oven (and if that’s the case, just check out these no-bake desserts and skip this recipe till, you know, October). It’s not patriotic. Though really, what’s more all-American than a brownie? But, you guys, chocolate. And caramel. And cheesecake. And, if you are weird like me and get all excited about this oft-overlooked nut, cashews.
I don’t think I need to say anymore…
Because really, do you need an excuse to savor FlourlessCashew Caramel Cheesecake Swirl Brownies?
OK, maybe I’m overdoing it by just taking these Flourless Nutella Cheesecake Swirl Brownies and continuously subtracting and adding things to it (like peanut butter!!), but when you have a solid brownie recipe, then there’s no reason ti start from what you love. And if you love brownies that fall way on the fudgy, almost batter-like side, then these are for you. Ain’t no cakey brownies around these parts.
Plus I kept that tangy cheesecake swirl that goes so perfectly with these brownies and upped the ante with caramel and cashews. Because I big fat puffy heart big fat puffy cashews. Remind me to tell you a story about cashews the next time I post a cashew recipe because I’ve already rambled enough in this post.
Just make the dang brownies!
What’s keeping you busy these days?
For more yumminess from me and my foodie friends, keep up with me on…
Or sign up to have Cupcakes & Kale Chips delivered straight to your Inbox!
Flourless Caramel Cashew Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
A rich, fudgy brownie recipe with ripples of sweet caramel, tangy cheesecake, and crunchy cashews.
For the cheesecake swirl
- 4 oz. cream cheese (light or regular), softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the brownies
- For the cheesecake swirl:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- For the brownies:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 13x9 inch pan with parchment paper or spray well with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a double boiler or a bowl set over a simmering pan of water, melt the butter, then add the chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar for a minute or two.
- Add melted chocolate mixture a little at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, almond meal, salt, and vanilla.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Place small dollops of the cheesecake mixture and caramel over the batter and then create swirls with a butter knife or small spatula. Sprinkle with cashews.
- Bake at 350°F for 22-26 minutes, or until just set in the middle.
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting.
Enjoy this Flourless Caramel Cashew Cheesecake Swirl Brownies recipe!
Here’s some more caramel goodness…
- White Chocolate Salted Caramel Gooey Bars
- Milky Way Simply Caramel Flourless Chocolate Cake Roll
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream
Plus a few from my friends…
- Caramel Cream Pie from Shugary Sweets
- Miso Caramel Mousse from Fearless Dining
- Caramel Peanut Butter Cups from Lemons for Lulu