DIY Freezer Oatmeal Cups
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips, adapted from The Kitchn
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 24 cups
- 3 cups Chex Gluten Free oats
- ¼ cup brown or demerara sugar, or to taste
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups milk of choice
- pinch salt
- Assorted chopped fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, or other toppings
- Combine the oats, sugar, water, milk, and salt in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Redice heat to medium and cook for 2-3 minutes, or to desired consistency. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Spray two 12-cup muffin tins with cooking spray and set out toppings in bowls.
- Divide the cooked oatmeal between the muffin cups, and top each with desired toppings.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for several hours, or until frozen.
- Once frozen, pop out of the muffin tins, loosening with a butter knife or small spatula, if necessary and wrap in sandwich bags or plastic wrap.
- Remove desired number of cups (one to three per serving) from the freezer the night before or day you plan to serve them.
- Warm in the microwave for 1-2 minutes (longer if still frozen), and stir in a little more milk, if desired.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/08/28/diy-freezer-oatmeal-cups/