Mango Avocado Quinoa Chicken Salad
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Main, Salad
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa (previously prepared as per package instructions)
- 1 cup shredded cooked and cooled chicken
- ½ cup Honey Lime Chili Cumin Dressing
- 1 mango, chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 1 avocado, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ¾ cup chopped tomatoes (I like to use grape tomatoes)
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Salad greens and additional dressing for serving, if desired
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- Combine the quinoa, chicken, and dressing in a large bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the mango, avocado, tomatoes and cilantro, and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve over salad greens with additional Honey Lime Chili Cumin Dressing, if desired.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl or jar and whisk or cover and shake. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/07/10/mango-avocado-quinoa-chicken-salad/