Buffalo Chicken Potato Hash
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Breakfast, Brunch
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery (approximately ¼ inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped carrots (approximately ¼ inch pieces)
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled if desired, and chopped into approximate ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup hot sauce (additional for serving, if desired)
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Cover with a lid, bring water to a boil, and boil for 5-7 till just tender. Drain well
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat oil in a skillet medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery, season with salt and pepper, and cook 8-10 minutes until soft and starting to brown.
- Add the ground chicken, breaking the meat up while it cooks, until it is cooked through and browned.
- Add potatoes and hot sauce to the skillet, stir to coat everything with the hot sauce, and cook another 5-10 minutes, until the potatoes brown slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese, if desired.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/06/26/buffalo-chicken-potato-hash/