Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Side, Vegetables
- 4 cups (about half of a large head) shredded cauliflower (see Note)
- 2 oz. (about ½ cup) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cornmeal
- Your favorite Blue Cheese or Ranch dip or dressing for dipping (such as my Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip), if desired
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a mini muffin tin with oil or coking spray.
- Place the shredded cauliflower in a kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Combine all of the ingredients (except the Blue Cheese or Ranch dip) in a large bowl, and mix together thoroughly. I like to use a fork.
- Using a spoon or scoop, divide the mixture between the muffin cups and press down firmly into the cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with Blue Cheese or Ranch Dip for dipping.
I use the shredding blade on my food processor to shred the cauliflower. You can use the stems as well, not just the florets, since it is all being shredded and mixed together.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/buffalo-cauliflower-tots/