Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche for #SundaySupper
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips, adapted from Cheeseburger Frittata from The Fountain Avenue Kitchen
Recipe type: Eggs, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1 teaspoon oil or reserved bacon grease
- half of a medium onion, chopped
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup (I used my Homemade Ketchup)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional ketchup, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, or other burger toppings for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with oil or coking spray.
- Heat the oil or bacon grease in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and pepper, and saute for several minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until fully browned, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain off any excess grease.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Transfer to the meat mixture to the prepared pie plate, and top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and dry mustard, and pour over the meat and cheese in the pie plate.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until egg is cooked through and top is browned.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/bacon-cheeseburger-crustless-quiche/