Bella & Brie Steakhouse Salad with Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Salad, Beef
- About 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 oz baby Portobella or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- a pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- About 6 oz steak, sliced (can be any leftover steak you have on hand. I pan-sauteed beef eye round, and combined that with leftover beef short ribs. I think flank steak would be amazing.)
- About 3-4 oz mixed baby salad greens
- 2 oz brie cheese in thin slices
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 dried figs, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon chopped pecans, lightly toasted in a pan or in the oven
- Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and saute for several minutes until browned and softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- If you are using leftover steak, you can add it to the mushrooms to gently warm it. Other wise prepare you steak as desired, and cut into thin sliced.
- Toss your salad greens in a small amount of the Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, and divide between two plates.
- Divide the steak and mushrooms between the two plates, then top each with about 1 oz. of Brie cheese while still warm, so that the cheese slightly melts.
- Top each salad with about 1 tablespoon cranberries, one quartered fig, and half a tablespoon pecans.
- Drizzle with additional salad dressing. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/portobello-mushroom-brie-steakhouse-salad/