Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Breasts for #ChooseDreams #WeekdaySupper
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Chicken, Main
- 1-1/2 pounds thinly sliced chicken breasts (or chicken breasts that have been pounded flat with a meat mallet)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed or finely minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs I used a combination of parsley, rosemary, thyme, and sage, but use what you have on hand. Oregano is especially good, as well.)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chicken in a zip top plastic storage bag, and squeeze it around until everything is well mixed.
- Place the chicken in the bag and make sure that it is thoroughly coated. Seal the bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8-10 hours.
- Preheat your grill on high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and wipe off some of the excess marinade.
- Place the chicken on the grill, close the cover, and reduce to medium heat.
- Grill on the first side for 3-4 minutes, then flip. Chicken should release easily form the grates when the first side is done.
- Grill on the second side for another 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and serve.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/lemon-herb-grilled-chicken-breasts/