"Funky Monkey" PB Ripple Chip Banana Ice Cream for #SundaySupper and #FWCon Recipe Contest
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Dessert, Ice Cream
- 2 eggs (Davidson’s Safest Choice recommended)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed to a pulp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Freeze the canister or bowl for your ice cream maker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the heavy cream, bananas, and vanilla and mix gently until thoroughly combined.
- Churn the ice cream according to the manufacturer's instructions for your ice cream machine. During the last few minutes, add the peanut butter in dollops, and the chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container, and place in the freezer until firm.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/06/01/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-banana-ice-cream/