Lemon Herb Slow Cooker Roast Chicken for #ChooseDreams #SundaySupper
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Chicken, Dinner, Slow Cooker
- One 5-7 pound chicken
- two lemons, halved
- 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- One medium onion, peeled and quartered
- One large handful fresh herbs (I like parsley, thyme, rosemary and sage)
- Remove the giblets and place the chicken in your slow cooker. Squeeze one lemon over the chicken, and save the squeezed lemon to place in the slow cooker.
- Season liberally, inside and out, with the salt and pepper.
- Place the lemons, onion and herbs inside the chicken. If it cannot fit, you can place some of the lemon and onion around the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until fully cooked through. You do not have to add any liquid to the slow cooker.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/lemon-herb-slow-cooker-roast-chicken/