Gluten-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Crumb Cake for #BrunchWeek (#Giveaway)
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert
- 1¼ cup Bob's Red Mill Hazelnut Flour/Meal
- ¼ cup oat flour (just place instant or old-fashioned oats in a food processor and pulse until it forms a flour)
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 Tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
- ½-1 Tbsp milk
- Grease an 8″x8″ baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the hazelnut flour, oat flour, coconut flour, salt, and brown sugar until combined.
- Add the butter and Greek yogurt, and and pulse until well combined.
- Transfer this mixture to a large bowl and set aside.
- For the topping, return ½ c of the flour mixture to the food processor.
- Add the hazelnuts and pulse a couple of times to combine and form loose crumbs. Stir in ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
- To the reserved dry mixture, stir in the baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and milk and stir until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the hazelnut crumb mixture evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean (provided you don't hit a chocolate chip) and it will not jiggle in the middle.
- Cool the cake completely, and drizzle with the chocolate hazelnut glaze (I put it in a sandwich bag and cut off the corner to drizzle over the cake).
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store the cake, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Stir together spread and milk, adding a little at a time util you reach your desired consistency.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/05/06/gluten-free-chocolate-hazelnut-crumb-cake/