Apple & Sweet Potato Egg Muffin Cups for #BrunchWeek (#Giveaway)
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Breakfast, Brunch
- 1 tsp olive oil
- half of a medium onion, chopped
- 1½ tsp kosher salt, divided
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, shredded
- 1 medium apple, diced
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, 1 tsp salt and pepper, and saute until the onions begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and apple, and cook, stirring occasionally until soft.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease or spray two muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, ½ tsp salt, and nutmeg.
- Stir in the apple and sweet potato mixture, and the cheese, and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 24 muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until eggs are set and top is lightly golden brown.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/05/05/apple-sweet-potato-egg-muffin-cups/