Browned Butter Pecan Fudge Ripple No-Churn Ice Cream
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Dessert, Ice Cream
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup halved pecans (or chopped)
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- one can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- one pint heavy cream
- In a small pan over low heat, gradually melt the butter and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until it turns a light golden brown. Watch closely to ensure the butter doesn't burn.
- Add the pecans and salt, and toss until the pecans toast slightly, another few minutes, again watching closely to avoid burning the butter.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the water, cocoa powder, and corn syrup in a small pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to use, cooling at least to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter pecans and the vanilla.
- Pour the heavy cream in a large bowl and, using the whisk attachment of a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold in the pecan and sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container and top with about half of the fudge ripple mixture. Swirl with a knife or skewer.
- Top with the remaining ice cream mixture and fudge ripple mixture, and swirl with a knife or skewer.
- Cover and freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/05/01/browned-butter-pecan-fudge-ripple-churn-ice-cream/