Mexican Pepper Jack Baked Cauli-Tots
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Side, Vegetable, Appetizer
Serves: Makes 24 tots
- 3 cups (about half of a head) shredded cauliflower (see Note)
- 4 oz. (about 1 cup) shredded pepper jack cheese (I used Cabot Pepper Jack)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salsa or guacamole for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a mini muffin tin with oil or coking spray.
- Place the shredded cauliflower in a kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together thoroughly. I like to use a fork.
- Using a spoon or scoop, divide the mixture between the muffin cups and press down firmly into the cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with salsa or guacamole for dipping.
I use the shredding blade on my food processor to shred the cauliflower. You can use the stems as well, not just the florets, since it is all being shredded and mixed together.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/04/29/mexican-cauliflower-tots/