Horseradish Cheddar Cauliflower Gratin
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Side dish, vegetable
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani 0% plain)
- 1 egg
- About 4 oz. or about 1 cup shredded Cabot Horseradish Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 t kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- paprika, optional
- Preheat your oven to 400°F, and lightly coat a 2 quart casserole dish with oil or cooking spray.
- Cut the cauliflower into large florets, discarding the tough stem, and steam over boiling water until very tender.
- Drain thoroughly, and allow to cool slightly so that some of the excess moisture evaporates.
- Place the cauliflower, Greek yogurt, egg, ¾ c of the cheese, salt, and pepper into a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the prepared dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese, and paprika, if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until heated through and browned on top.
You can also divide the cauliflower mixture between 4-6 ramekins and bake for 15-20 minutes.
The casserole can be prepared ahead of time and baked or reheated before serving.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/04/08/horseradish-cheddar-cauliflower-gratin/