Healthy Carrot Zucchini Mini Muffins
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- ½ cup finely grated carrot
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place rack in the center of the oven, and coat a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the butter, maple syrup (or honey), egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir together until just barely combined.
- Add the zucchini, carrot and raisins and stir gently until just distributed.
- Fill each cup in the mini muffin pan approximately ¾ full (I use a small cookie scoop slightly overfilled).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/05/18/healthy-carrot-zucchini-mini-muffins/