Parmesan Mozzarella Baked Cauli-Tots (aka Pizza-Tots)
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Side Dish, Veggie
- 3 cups (about half of a head) shredded cauliflower (see Note)
- 2 oz. (about ½ cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cornmeal (ground oats and breadcrumbs will also work)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- a few grinds black pepper
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning (or a combination of oregano, parsley, and basil)
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a mini muffin tin with oil or coking spray.
- Place the shredded cauliflower in a kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together thoroughly.
- Using a spoon or scoop, divide the mixture between the muffin cups and press down firmly into the cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
I use the shredding blade on my food processor to shred the cauliflower. You can use the stems as well, not just the florets, since it is all being shredded and mixed together.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/03/06/parmesan-mozzarella-cauliflower-pizza-tater-tots/