"Skinny Tuesday" Bananas Foster Cheesecake Parfaits
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Dessert, Parfait
- ½ cup almond meal or ground almonds (graham cracker cumbs would probably also work if gluten- or grain-free was not a concern)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup pitted, chopped dates (chop before measuring)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp rum extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature (I used light cream cheese)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of the Date Caramel
- half of a very ripe banana, mashed
- one and a half very ripe bananas, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 6 pecan halves for garnish, optional
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl, and stir until the honey is evenly distributed and the mixture is slightly crumbly. Set aside.
- Combine the dates and milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until reduce to about ½ cup.
- Remove from heat and stir in extract and cinnamon. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the ingredients in a medium bowl, and whip with a hand mixer until combined and smooth.
- Divide the almond mixture between 6 glasses or bowls, about 1½ Tbsp in each, and press down slightly.
- Divide the cheesecake filling between the glasses or bowls.
- Divide the chopped bananas between the glasses or bowls, about one quarter of a banana in each.
- Top with the remaining date caramel. I placed it into a small sandwich bag, cut off the corner and squeezed the caramel over the bananas. Top each parfait with a pecan half, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be made the night before and kept chilled until serving.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/03/02/bananas-foster-cheesecake-parfaits/