Vegetable Parmesan Quinoa in the Slow Cooker
Author: Lauren @ Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Recipe type: Meatless Main, Side, Slow Cooker
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups BPA-FREE organic vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can BPA-FREE small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped (not in oil)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker, place quinoa and broth and top with remaining ingredients.
- Place on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
- Fluff with a fork, top with Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/02/27/vegetable-parmesan-quinoa-slow-cooker/