Quick & Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips adapted from Kara's 20-Minute Chili
Recipe type: Chili, Turkey, Main
- 1 tsp olive oil
- half of a medium onion, chopped
- 1-1¼ lb ground turkey
- one chipotle (minced) from a can of chipotles in adobo, plus 1 T of the adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- one 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (drain for a thicker chili if you are not preparing in advance)
- one 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth or stock
- one 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- cheese, sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt), tortilla chips, or your favorite chili fixin's for serving.
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and saute for 3-5 minutes, or until it starts to soften and turn translucent.
- Add the turkey and cook until it is browned and cooked through, breaking up as it cooks.
- Add the chipotles, adobo sauce, chili powder, cumin, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and beans.
- Stir, bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes (or longer if desired), or until heated through and slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your favorite chili fixin's.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/02/23/quick-easy-chipotle-turkey-chili-recipe/