Cookie Butter French Toast Roll-Ups
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 8 slices sandwich bread (I used whole wheat)
- ½ cup cookie butter (Speculoos Spread, Biscoff Spread, etc.)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ Tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread. Evenly spread about 1 Tbsp cookie butter on top of each slice of bread, and roll up tightly, setting seam side down.
- In a shallow bowl, beat together the egg, milk, and ⅛ tsp cinnamon.
- Dip each roll up into the egg mixture to coat completely, sake off the excess, and place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven, and brush the top of each roll-up with melted butter. Flip the roll-ups and brush the other side with butter.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- While the roll-ups finish baking, in a small bowl, combine the sugar and remaining ¼ tsp cinnamon.
- Immediately after taking the roll-ups out of the oven, roll each one in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve with Maple Greek Yogurt Dipping Sauce or maple syrup.
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/02/20/cookie-butter-french-toast-roll-ups/