Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup + 2 tsp semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp almond flour/meal
- 1 Tbsp brown rice flour
- Optional ice cream or whipped cream for serving, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and place two 6-ounce ramekins on a baking sheet (just in case).
- Melt the butter and ⅔ cup chocolate chips in a medium bowl over simmering water and stir until smooth. Remove the bowl from the pan and let cool.
- Combine the egg and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk until thick and lighter in color.
- While whisking, gradually add the melted chocolate, then whisk in the salt, vanilla, almond meal, and rice flour.
- Divide the batter between the two ramekins and place 1 tsp chocolate chips in the center of each ramekin, pressing down lightly.
- Bake at 325°F for 18-22 minutes or until not quite set, and the tops crackle.
- Let cool slightly before serving, topping with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/02/09/hot-fudge-gluten-free-brownies/