Flourless Nutella Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
Recipe type: Dessert, Brownies
- 4 oz cream cheese (light or regular), softened
- 1 egg yolk (save the white for the Nutella swirl)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup (one stick) unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the Nutella and egg while in a small bowl and stir until fully blended. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 13x9 inch pan with parchment paper (or grease really, really well, though I'd recommend the parchment).
- In a double boiler or a bowl set over a simmering pan of water, melt the butter, then add the chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar for a minute or two.
- Add melted chocolate mixture a little at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, almond meal, salt, and vanilla.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Place small dollops of the cheesecake mixture and Nutella mixture over the batter and then create swirls with a butter knife or small spatula.
- Bake at 350°F for 16-20 minutes, or until just set in the middle.
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/02/04/flourless-nutella-cheesecake-swirl-brownies/