Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Sandwich, Main
- 1½-2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1¼ – 1½ lb chicken (breasts and/or thighs), cooked and chopped, or about 4 cups cooked, chopped chicken from a whole or store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and/or monterey jack cheese
- One 1 lb loaf Italian bread
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, and chicken.
- Stir in the cheese until it is evenly distributed.
- Slice open the loaf of bread lengthwise, and fill with the chicken mixture.
- Wrap the sandwich tightly in aluminum foil.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in the oven for 30-45 minutes, or until hot and gooey in the center.
- Slice and serve.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/02/02/barbecue-chicken-sloppy-sandwiches/