Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower "Wings"
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Appetizer, Side Dish
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- ¼ cup honey (or agave or maple syrup for strict vegan)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp finely minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ tsp salt
- a few grinds black pepper
- One large head cauliflower
- ½ cup flour (I used brown rice flour, but I have seen similar recipes where regular all purpose flour was used)
- ½ cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F, and spray a baking sheet with oil or cooking spray.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. The smaller they are, the faster they will cook and softer they will get.
- Whisk together the flour and milk in a bowl.
- Toss the cauliflower in the batter until thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the cauliflower on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly less done than you want them.
- Remove from the oven and pour the sauce over the cauliflower.
- Return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently flip and toss the cauliflower in the sauce on the sheet to coat.
- Return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/01/26/balsamic-glazed-cauliflower-wings/