Honey Nut Baked Brie
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 8 oz. wheel or wedge of Brie cheese
- ½ c chopped walnuts and/or pecans (I like to use a mixture)
- 2 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- crackers, apple slices, etc. for serving
- If you are going to bake in the oven, preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cut the top rind off of the Brie and place in an oven or microwave safe dish.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and add the nuts, toasting until they slightly brown and give off a nutty aroma.
- Add the honey, salt, and cinnamon to the nuts and stir to coat.
- Pour the honey nut mixture over the top of the Brie.
- Microwave the Brie fr 3-5 minutes or bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is warmed through, slightly bubbly and melty.
- Serve with crackers, apple slices, etc.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2014/01/16/honey-nut-baked-brie-cheese/