Chai Tea Abominable Snow Buddies for #SundaySupper
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Dessert, Snack
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 5 c of your favorite Chex cereal
- 1 Chai tea bag or about 1 t loose Chai tea
- one 11-12 oz. bag white chocolate chips
- Place powdered sugar in a large plastic sip top bag and set aside.
- Place Chex in a large bowl and set aside.
- Crush or grind the tea slightly, and add to a bowl with the white chocolate chips.
- Melt white chocolate gently in the microwave (50% power, stirring after each 15-30 second interval until melted) or over a pot of gently simmering water.
- Pour melted chocolate over the Chex cereal and toss gently with a spatula until the cereal is complete coated.
- Transfer the cereal to the bag with the powdered sugar, seal bag and toss to coat completely with the powdered sugar.
- Empty the contents of the bag onto a sheet pan lined with wax paper or a silicone baking sheet to allow to cool and firm up.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/12/22/chai-tea-snow-muddy-buddies/