Lemon White Wine Green Beans & Mushrooms for #SundaySupper with @GalloFamily
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe type: Side Dish, Vegetables
- 1 lb green beans, ends snapped off
- ¼ c (4 T, half a stick) unsalted butter
- 1 small to medium onion, chopped
- 1 t thyme
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- ½ c white wine (I used Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato)
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Steam the green beans until they are just slightly underdone, as per your preference (we like ours fairly tender). Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat, add the onion and thyme, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the wine and lemon juice, allow to reduce for a minute or so, and then add the green beans, and stir to coat, coking until the green beans are heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/12/15/lemon-white-wine-green-beans-mushrooms/