Flourless Nutella Marshmallow Cloud Cookie Cups
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- 1 c Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 egg white
- ¼ c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Marshmallow Buttercream
- Sprinkles, colored sugar, nonpareils, etc. for decorating, if desired
- 1 c milk
- 2 c mini marshmallows
- 1 c unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 t vanilla extract
- ½ c powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a mini muffin tin liberally with cooking spray.
- Using a fork, blend the Nutella with the egg whites until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the cocoa powder, and then the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough between the 24 muffin cups and press down.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges look set. The middles will not look done. That's ok. They will set up as they cool.
- Remove pans from the oven and place on a cooling rack until cooled completely.
- Once fully cooled, gently remove from the muffin tin, frost with the Marshmallow Buttercream, and decorate with sprinkles, etc., if desired.
- These are best stored in the refrigerator until near when you are ready to eat them.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the milk and marshmallows and gently melt, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- Using a hand mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer running, slowly pour in the marshmallow mixture and vanilla. At this point, it may start to look like it has separated a bit.
- While continuing to whip the frosting, gradually add the powdered sugar and whip until light and creamy.
- Use immediately on completely cooled cookie cups.
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/12/10/flourless-nutella-marshmallow-cloud-cookie-cups/