Flourless Peanut Butter Nutella S'Mores Sandwich Cookies
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Serves: about 2½ dozen sandwiches
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c dark brown sugar
- 2 t baking soda
- 2 c natural peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 c milk
- 2 c mini marshmallows
- 1 c unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 t vanilla extract
- ½ c powdered sugar
- About 1½-2 c Nutella
- Marshmallow Buttercream or about 2 c marshmallow fluff
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, mix together the sugar, brown sugar, and baking soda in a bowl.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat in the peanut butter until cream.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Form balls using about 1 tablespoon of dough, place on the cookie sheet and flatten slightly with you hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned and set.
- Cool on the baking sheet for several minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the milk and marshmallows and gently melt, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- Using a hand mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer running, slowly pour in the marshmallow mixture and vanilla. At this point, it may start to look like it has separated a bit.
- While continuing to whip the frosting, gradually add the powdered sugar and whip until light and creamy.
- Use immediately.
- Spread about ½-1 T Nutella on one of the peanut butter cookies, and about 1 T marshmallow buttercream or marshmallow fluff another cookie and sandwich together gently.
- Store sandwich cookies in the refrigerator (or freeze until needed).
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2013/12/09/flourless-peanut-butter-nutella-smores-cookies/